The following (shortened) statements from Chapter 36 of the U.N.’s Agenda 21 shows the openness with which the globalists intend to indoctrinate all of us. They’ll use schools, museums, theatres, media, anything.
Basic education is redefined by the Agenda 21, reduced to only an “underpinning” to their obsession with promoting all things “sustainable”.
In the words of the United Nations itself– “Basic education is the underpinning for environment and development education…” That’s the motive for all this global education pushed by UNESCO, Bill Gates, Sir Michael Barber of Pearson, and the U.S. Dept. of Education. The goal has never been to endow the illiterate with literacy and numeracy because they need it; the goal is using basic education as a necessary steppingstone to promoting the sustainable development agenda –which includes taking away nations’ rights and individuals’ rights over their own property, their own children, and their own bodies.
It’s really, really bad.
Agenda 21 For Change (shortened here)
Chapter 36: Education, Training and Public Awareness
“… Education can give people the environmental and ethical awareness, values and attitudes, skills and behaviour needed for sustainable development.”
“Basic education is the underpinning for environment and development education…”
“To improve sustainable development education, nations should seek to:
- Make environment and development education available to people of all ages.
- Work environment and development concepts, including those of population, into all educational programmes… There should be a special emphasis on training decision makers.
- Involve schoolchildren in local and regional studies on environmental health…”
“The world needs a flexible and adaptable work force… Countries should:
- Set up training programmes for school and university graduates to help them achieve sustainable livelihoods.
- Encourage all sectors of society, including industry, universities, governments, non-governmental organizations and community organizations, to train people in environmental management.
- Provide locally trained and recruited environmental technicians..
- Work with the media, theatre groups, entertainment and advertising industries, to promote a more active public debate on the environment.”
Anyone who still believes that U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan is on the same team as students, parents, teachers, and the American way, please do your homework. Read his speeches.
He is all for “global citizenship,” international “sustainability” and top-down control of what’s taught and who teaches it. He is obviously an Agenda 21 follower. He even overuses the exact same phrases that the United Nations overuses in reference to education. Consistently.
When State Boards of Education wake up to what is going on in U.S. education today, they will run as fast as they can in the opposite direction from anything Arne Duncan is praising and promoting:
- Common Core (most often called “college and career readiness,”)
- The P-20 citizen tracking system (often called “accountability”)
- Educational Equity and/or Social Justice (those are their words; it’s plainer to call them communism)
- The States’ Longitudinal Database Systems (SLDS) –spying-on-citizens network
- The term “World Class Education”